Mega Mall Erbil
One of the Most Beautiful Erbil Malls
With its exceptional design, Mega Mall is one of the most beautiful and attractively decorated of the Erbil malls. It is located in Pirmam Street very close to the city center and its location makes it ideal for a day out combining a visit to the old traditional part of Erbil and shopping at one of the trendiest places in the Kurdish capital.
Mega Mall was built by the Mega Mall Company which was established in 2009 and belongs to Rekan Group, the prestigious giant of construction and investments in the Kurdistan Region. Mega Mall opened its doors in spring 2014 and aspires to have an impact on the growing Erbil retail market by bringing in the most upscale international brands in a modern, welcoming atmosphere.
Because of the stability and security of the Kurdistan Region, a large number of shopping malls have been built not only in the fast-growing capital, Erbil, but also in the other two Kurdish governorates, Sulaymaniyah and Duhok. The reason all these malls have been successful is not only because they promote fashion and new trends in entertainment and technology, but also because the Kurds are outgoing people who like to hang out with friends and family and have a good time. Shopping malls, with their many facilities, seem to be the best option for the young and old alike to spend their free time shopping, having fun, eating out or going to the cinema.
Mega Mall Facts
Despite its name, Mega Mall is not the largest of Erbil malls, but it extends over an area of 18,500 m2 which includes 350 shops and commercial offices, a state-of-the-art cinema complex, several cafés and restaurants, a supermarket, game arcades, a beautiful playground for young children, and a skating rink for “children” of all ages.
Here are just a few of the outlets worth visiting in Mega Mall:
- DeFacto – for the trendiest clothes in town
- Elite – men’s clothes with a difference. Choose the latest of French tailoring for your business suit
- Mothercare – anything expectant mothers may need, baby and children’s clothes and a lot more
- Giovanni – stylish Italian fashion for men
- Designer International Brands – here you will be able to find exactly what the name of the shop suggests – a collection of the most fashionable international brands
- Flormar – cosmetics and professional make up for all Erbil ladies
- Ramsey – for smart, tasteful women’s clothes
- Jasmine – international perfume brands for men and women
- LC Waikiki – the latest in teen and young people’s fashion
- Dadoush – the renowned Middle Eastern lingerie chain for women and children
- Auchan Supermarket – the French supermarket extends over an area of 5,500 square meters and offers fresh, high quality local or international food products, and not only.
Even if you don’t want to buy anything, a visit to Mega Mall with your friends or family, will give you the chance to admire the beautifully decorated shop-windows, the stylish items on display and the wonderful design of the whole building – inside and outside. Of course, you can just relax in one of the most fashionable of Erbil malls and have a great time over a cup of coffee at one of the many cafés and eateries there.