Prime Minister Narendra Modi today appeared in his first ever press conference. BJP chief Amit Shah was also present.
Here are the live updates of PM Modi’s first ever press conference:
- “Our democracy is a vibrant one, full of goodness”: PM Modi
- “I have come to you to thank you for giving me ashirvad (blessings) and letting me work for the country for the last five years”: PM Modi
- “We will start work as soon as possible on the promises made in our manifesto once we come to power again”: PM Modi
- “I am a disciplined soldier; the party president is everything for me”: PM Modi (when a reporter asked a question to him)
- “There is no confusion. We will get majority”: Amit Shah
- “It’s a matter of joy for us that the PM is here. People are excited and want another term for the PM. In 2014, people gave a historic mandate, and BJP got full majority for the first time”: Amit Shah
- “Five years are about to come to an end. People are happy and they have accepted the Narendra Modi experiment”: Amit Shah
- “In 2014, there was an atmosphere where there was a question over our multi-party system. Now, there is more faith than ever in our multi-party democracy”: Amit Shah
- “PM Narendra Modi undertook the most extensive election campaign in India’s history. Even journalists joined the Main Bhi Chowkidar campaign with slogans like aayega to Modi hi given by volunteers. We were swamped with volunteer applications because of the Prime Minister’s popularity. At least 161 call centres with over 15,000 callers reached out to 24 crore people”: Amit Shah
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections. Election results will be out on May 23.